How to Make Herb Flavored Vinegar
Eating a salad with herb flavored vinegar is absolutely delicious. It’s very simple to make,
but requires a little patience. Once you have combined all the ingredients, the oil must cure for two weeks.
1 cup of fresh herbs: sage, thyme, and rosemary.
1 mason jar.
1 decorative bottle with a cork.
16 ounces of either white or cider vinegar.
3 peeled shallots.
1. Place the herbs in a mortar and lightly crush with a pestle or place them on a cutting board
and crush with the edge of a spatula.
2. Place ingredients in a mason jar.
3. Slightly heat 16 ounces of vinegar in a glass pot until warm.
4. Pour the vinegar over the herbs and tightly seal the jar.
5. Place the jar in a sunny window for two weeks.
6. Shake the jar daily and taste from time to time. If the vinegar needs a little more flavor,
add some more herbs and let the jar sit a little longer.
7. Once the vinegar has reached the desired flavor, filter it through a straining cloth.
8. Pour the vinegar into a decorative bottle. Add fresh herbs for decoration and additional flavor.
9. Seal the bottle. Tie the neck of the decorative bottle with raffia for an added decorative