How to Prepare Bacon and Tomato Appetizers
Appetizers are part of any party, so here is a delicious appetizer for your
family and friends to enjoy. It’s easy to prepare and sure to get complements from your guests.
1 10 oz. roll of flaky biscuits
6 slices of bacon fried and crumbled (or bacon bits)
1 large tomato
½ cup mayonnaise
2 oz. (1/2) cup Swiss cheese
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Separate each biscuit into 2 or 3 thinner layers.
3. Line the separated biscuits over a mini muffin cup (muffin tray).
4. Press the biscuit dough firmly into the muffin tray.
5. Sprinkle the bacon into the cup covering the bottom.
6. In a food processor, chop a large tomato.
7. Put the tomato bits on top of the bacon bits (drain the tomato juice if necessary).
8. In a food processor, chop a large onion.
9. Mix the onion with the mayonnaise, cheese, and basil.
10. Put the onion mixture on top of the tomato bits.
11. Top the cups with a sprinkle of bacon bits.
12. Bake about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes approximately 20 to 30 appetizers