How to Make a Gingerbread Man Ornament
These little men even smell good! This is the perfect ornament every Christmas
tree should be trimmed with. They are easy to make, but are a little expensive. The reason being, the cost of the
cloves. If you don’t mind spending a little extra money to create a wonderfully smelling ornament, this is the
way to go.
Six Tbs. Applesauce.
Ten Tbs. Cinnamon.
One Tsp. Cloves .
One Bundle of string.
1. Combine all ingredients to form a dough.
2. Roll out the dough to about 1/8th of an inch in thickness.
3. Cut the dough out with a gingerbread cookie cutter.
4. Slightly grease a cookie sheet with PAM, and then place the gingerbread men on the cookie sheet.
5. Poke small holes in the hands of the gingerbread men with a tooth pick to create openings.
6. Bake at 120 degrees for approximately one and a half hours.
7. Turn off the oven and leave the gingerbread men in the oven over night to allow them to dry.
8. Once dry, begin to decorate your gingerbread men. Use your Imagination!
9. Now it’s time to string these little guys together. Insert the string into the hand holes and tie a knot behind
the hand. Do this for every hand until you get to the end hand.
10. Once you get to the end hand, pull the string all the way through. Form a loop and then tie the loop at the
end of the hand. Leave about three inches of string extending from the end of the hand and then tie the string
off at the end with a knot.
11. You can make the ornament as long as you like. Or you can make only three gingerbread men tied together, which
makes a great Christmas gift for a friend or a work associate.