How to Cook Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joes are one of America’s favorite meals. Well, at least they’re
one of ours. The reason being is they’re easy to make and kids love them.
1 lb. lean ground meat
1 large green pepper
1 large onion
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/4 cup of barbecue sauce
1 tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper for taste
3/4 cup of water
1. In a large frying pan brown the ground meat. Once it’s browned and crumbly, drain and set a side.
2. Coarsely chop the green pepper and onion.
3. In the same kettle, add the olive oil, chopped green pepper and onion.
4. Sauté the vegetables on low to medium for approximately 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add all the other ingredients and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
6. Makes between 4 and 6 servings.