Tasty Country Style Ribs Recipe
These ribs are truly finger licking good. They can be served
with baked beans and a salad or any side dish of your choice. This meal is guaranteed to bring back summertime barbecue memories.
1 package of country style ribs – 8 to 9 ribs in package.
2 tbs. cooking oil.
1 large onion – chopped.
½ cup of barbecue sauce.
4 tbs. ketchup.
2 tbs. brown sugar.
4 tbs. honey.
1 bay leave.
Dash of salt, pepper, and seasoned salt.
1. Wash and place the ribs in a large boiling pot.
2. Boil for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
3. While the ribs are boiling, prepare the barbecue sauce.
4. In a large frying pan, sauté the onion in the oil.
5. Once the onion is soft, add the remainder of the ingredients with the exception of the salt,
pepper, and seasoned salt.
6. Drain the ribs and put fresh water in the pot along with the bay leave.
7. Boil an additional 20 minutes.
8. Once the ribs are done, place them in a baking dish.
9. Season with salt, pepper, and seasoned salt.
10. Top the ribs with the barbecue sauce.
11. Cover the ribs with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.
12. Be sure to have many napkins handy.