Moist and Flavorful Carrot Cake Recipe
1 cup sugar.
2 cups flour.
1 tsp. salt.
1 tsp. cinnamon.
1 cup brown sugar, packed.
1 tsp. baking powder.
1 tsp. baking soda.
3 cups finely shredded carrots (a food processor is good for this job).
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil.
2 tsps. vanilla.
4 large eggs.
1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts are good, but any nut will do.
1/2 cup raisins.
1. Grease and flour a 13″ X 9″ pan.
2. Stir together dry ingredients.
3. Now add to the dry mixture, the carrots, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
4. Beat about 2 to 3 minutes until well mixed.
5. Stir in the nuts and raisins.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 to 60 minutes.
7. Cool on a wire rack.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
One 3 oz. package of cream cheese.
1/4 cup butter.
1 tsp. vanilla.
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
Once the cream cheese is at room temperature, mix all ingredients together. You are now ready
to frost your DELICIOUS cake.