Easy and Delicious Gormet Baklava Recipe
Baklava has been a favorite Greek pastry for centuries. It is easy to make
and is a wonderful holiday pastry to serve your guests. However anytime is time for Baklava, birthdays, Christmas,
Thanksgiving, if you’re having company, or just if your in the mood for something sweet. Try it, it will become
one of your favorite pastry recipes.
1 lb. Phyllo dough.
4 to 5 cups walnuts, chopped coarsely.
½ cup sugar.
¼ tsp. ground cloves.
1 tsp. cinnamon.
¾ lb. sweet butter.
1. Combine nuts, cinnamon, cloves, and sugar.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan.
3. Use pastry brush to brush inside of a 14 X 10 ½ inch pan with melted butter.
4. Line bottom of pan with one piece of Phyllo dough. Fold under excess Phyllo.
5. Alternate sides with each piece of Phyllo, brushing the top of each layer with melted butter.
6. Repeat five (5) times, making five layers.
7. On the 6th sheet, sprinkle evenly with nut mixture.
8. Continue until all nut mixture is used and last six (6) buttered sheets of Phyllo form top crust.
9. Use a sharp knife to cut into diamond shapes.
10. Bake at 300° F for about 1 ½ hours or until lightly brown.
2 ½ cups of water.
3 cups sugar.
3 tsp. lemon juice.
1 tsp. vanilla.
1. Combine syrup ingredients. Boil syrup for about 10 minutes and then allow to cool.
2. Pour cooled syrup over hot pastry.
3. Each individual Baklava slice can be served on a bake paper cup (cup cake cups). During the Christmas holidays,
a gold or sliver bake paper cup is very festive and makes a beautiful display. Martha Stewart would be proud. Happy